Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

yes he is 100 percent right..i check and find yesterday. during some experiments i finf out that its a windows seven feature..there is no need to unintall anything.

HP Recommended

Follow-up: "Plugged In, Not Charging" returned today. I did Mumbodog's fix again and it is now charging. 🙂

HP Recommended

dear sirs,

I have been using hpprobook4520 and I have been facing the problem 'plugged in,not charging for first time for last some days. Today too, I am facing the same,battery signal 94% is constant though I have used it for more than 2 hours.what is the solution?

please kindly provide me the solution.

HP Recommended

After trying all the recommendations here is what I have found.

Its another HP design flaw :((

- Cool your Laptop with the battery in it and it will start charging.  I used a bag of frozen corn or pea ...;))

I put my computer on the bag of frozen corn and in a matter of seconds it starts charging.  Just make sure you flatten the bag of pea or corn and do not block the air intakes.

Battery does not charge once I use all of the battery power and mu computer shots down without windows shutting down first.

You gotta love HP to keep buying them.  But let me tell you, Dell is no good either (bought one from Costco and had to exchange it immidiately after opening it, the next one we got crashes from time to time when you watch video.

Made in China .... haaaaaaayaaaaaaaaa

HP Recommended

It could be the power cord. A friend of mine was complaining her CQ60 wouldn't charge unless she jiggled the plug connection at the laptop. She thought it was the battery and ordered another one but found it was still not charging correctly. I looked at it and confirmed that the cord had a loose connection at the barrel plug.

The cord was easily fixed by slicing a concentric circle around the plug about a 1/2 inch down from the rubber end and then peeling it off to expose the two wires. I found one wire broken from the solder joint and thus not getting a good connection. I drilled a small hole into the metal barrel to make a better contact and then resoldered the wire into the hole. I then super glued the concentric section I sliced off and then put a piece of 1/2" 2:1 heat shrink tubing ($1.25 on eBay) around it and shrank it around the repair. It's fixed and due to the black heat shrink tubing, you can barely see it was repaired.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

I have an old hp pavilion dv1000 and when i plug it in, the led light turns on but never charges my battery. I'm about ready to take it apart. HELP!

HP Recommended

same issue here. Did what you said and it worked. It's not a hardware problem, as far as i can tell. Can anyone tell if the issue is in W7 or the hardware vendor? Thanks for posting.

HP Recommended

Don't blame HP, it's not thier fault.

This is a known issue with Windows 7 being run on laptops.  Many different makes and models of laptops are running into this problem when running Windows Vista and 7.  Not just HP's.

As far as I know there is only 1 fix that works and the problem can reoccur in time.

It seems that Microsoft either isn't aware of the problem or just doesn't have a permanent fix for it yet.

But try this, it worked for me.

1. Disconnect AC
  2. Shutdown
  3. Remove battery
  4. Connect AC
  5. Startup
  6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).
  7. Shutdown
  8. Disconnect AC
  9. Insert battery
  10. Connect AC
  11. Startup
System Specs
HP G60 231 WM
Proc: AMD Athlon Dual Core QL-64 2.1GHz
Mobo: 303C (Wistron)
RAM: 3 GB
Graph. Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor running @ 60 Hz
Sound Card: Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
HDD: 300 GB
Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit SP2
BIOS: PheonixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1 Date 6/23/09 Ver. HPQOEM - 6040000
HP Recommended

I tried this and it did not work for me.  Still having issues.  I have a brand new HP ProBook 4530s

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion. Nice laptop.

Battery charged when turned off, but not when on.  Message with power icon said, "plugged in, not charging." That indicated to me software might be involved as connection was recognized.

However after reading this message about the port connection, I wiggled the connection and it started charging.  That's hardware.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.