Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
hello, I have an image created in windows 10 stored on a Usb drive 16gb, when I try to restore under the boot option 'troubleshoot' advanced option it say no image found on usb. It is not possible to select a usb drive. I checked tge bios and usb is enabled also the usb key has all the files saved on it, any idea why usb restore image is not working?
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Can we please have the model number of the laptop? This is a Windows backup system image? 

HP Recommended
it is a pavillon 1051sa win10 backup image created in win10
HP Recommended
HP Recommended
anyone?
HP Recommended

If you have a Windows image backup made with the old Windows 7 backup and recovery system the best way to use it to restore is to boot from a Windows 10 disk and select repair and then restore from system image. That should allow you to access the image on the usb drive. 

HP Recommended
no, image is created with windows 10. The issue is that the recovery menu does not see the image saved on usb
HP Recommended
I have just re installed window 10. Then I created an image as per the link above. When I tried to restore the image, it can't find the image on the USB stick
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.