Presently i used windows 10 but this is not working properly and now i want to install previous window of 8.1. i have 5 recovery disc of window 8.1 but during installing 8.1 display some data missing or error. I have also recovery drive in my notebook of window 8.1. please tell me how to make recovery disc from recovery drive of win 8.1 again.
You have several options to restore to Windows 8.1:
- use your own working recovery media - you can try to create it if you have the designated app (e.g. HP Recovery Manager) installed already
- use HP original recovery media
- use the built-in recovery media (if working fine and not corrupted)
Try to the last one first:
1. Please, shutdown the computer using/holding the power button for a few seconds
2. Power it back on.
2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).
This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one
3. Choose F11 for System Recovery options.
The computer should boot from it's recovery partition to open you various recovery options. Note, that F11 option will only work if the recovery partition is there (not deleted) and intact. From there, you have prenty of options to choose from.
Go to Troubleshoot > please, perform either "Reset this PC" option or start "HP Recovery Manager" (whatever is available for your model).
>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Click below on Accept As Solution or ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks << *** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - Volunteer since 2013
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.