Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp envy17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a HP Envy17 which was running windows 8.1 and later upgraded to windows 10.  Then I started getting problems with it as it became sluggish and finally I decided to do a factory reset with my original 6 restore disks which I believe had windows 8 or 8.1 but not windows 10.  While performing the hp rocovery with hp recovery manager and successfully installing the first 4 disks, the recovery stopped on disk #5 with the message "the destination drive is not connected".  I have done the tests on the drive as requested by pressing F2 and it passed.  Please, can anyone help to solve this issue

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi, I have a HP Envy17 which was running windows 8.1 and later upgraded to windows 10.  Then I started getting problems with it as it became sluggish and finally I decided to do a factory reset with my original 6 restore disks which I believe had windows 8 or 8.1 but not windows 10.  While performing the hp rocovery with hp recovery manager and successfully installing the first 4 disks, the recovery stopped on disk #5 with the message "the destination drive is not connected".  I have done the tests on the drive as requested by pressing F2 and it passed.  Please, can anyone help to solve this issue

Sorry, forgot to ad that before having to do the factory reset, I had the issue where my laptop would  not boot from start where as I could not use the start menues and all start functions.

HP Recommended

Sorry to say this, but really S..L..O..W performance can be an indication of a failing hard drive, and if that is the case, the recovery would probably not make it all the way through without problems.

Once thing you can do is try to do a hard drive test from the BIOS.  Instructions are at the link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00439024

Post back here with the results of the tests.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Re: "Detect some error during PININST_BBV."

Options

Thank you for the response, but that was not the issue nor did it help, but great news, I did find this posted elswhere and it worked for me.  I'm currently on my system now (Envy17 running windows 😎 after a complete format.  I edited a few things to be easier to understand that before confused me a little.

I spent a couple days and several recovery efforts. My daughter's laptop is a HY Envy 15t Quad.   What worked (thanks to the people in this forum):

1.  Turn on the computer, while tapping F10 for the BIOS screen

2.  Change the date to sometime before the battery date (when the computer was born) computer born date should         also be recorded in the BIOS screen.

3.  Go to the System configuration tab and choose boot options

4.  Enable legacy systems, and make sure that the safe boot option is disabled then exit with save option

5.  Wait a minute for the screen to appear that has a code if you want the changes to the Bios to take effect.

6.  Enter the code and press enter.

7.  Turn your computer off

8.  Put in the recovery USB and turn your computer on.  if needed and while in the BIOS screen before step 5, ensure that your system will boot from where it needs to boot depending on recovery media ex. USB or CD's

9.  Go through system recovery process and it finally worked.

THANK YOU!!!

HP Recommended
Attempting this method... Here's hoping.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.