cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tammymmc
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

trouble with powering down or waking up from sleep mode

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15-u010dx x360 Convert
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, since updating my system over a year ago to windows 10 my laptop does not like to shut down completely or wake up from sleep mode.  When I power my laptop down, I go into my settings to the power tab and shut down, then after a min the computer is shut down but i have to finish shutting it down by push and hold the power button til it shuts off completely or I cant turn it back on when I want to use it again. Now if I have my laptop unplugged it will go into a sleep mode that I cant wake up unless I push and hold the power button until it shuts off completely then i can turn it back on again from fresh start. I dont have it set up to go into sleep mode when plugged in and I dont dare to manually put it sleep mode.  Does anyone out there have a fix for this! Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
9,962 9,858 796 3,831
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @tammymmc

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome !

HP has created an article about such an issues you experience >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03383935

Please, check it and follow the steps. Basically, you need to ensure all drivers are updated to the latest versions (use Device Manager method or check HP website) , update BIOS and perform some settings adjustment. Also check Intel's MEI is version 9/9.5

Hope this helps.

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Click below on Accept As Solution or ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - Volunteer since 2013
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation