Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Guys I opened it up took out the mother board and using a 200w halogen lamp and a cardboard and foil heat shield reseated the GPU and added a copper heatsink so that it doesn't happen again. It's been working for 2 days now, non stop, and no issues. Look up HP TX Blank screen on YouTube. Or use this link.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ctHTF3oNdxI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DctHTF3oNdxI

Copper Heatsink: eBay item number :350692346190
Thermal Paste: Amazon :Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound 3.5g.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the fix Sycotik1. I've seen that one youtube several times and have thought about following it but I think it's the underlying issue of bad manufacturing that has us all pissed off. It's not that we couldn't fix it ourselves, it's that HP should have done their job in the first place to not have this happen or at least that they should stand up, admit their error, and compensate us all for their screw up. I'm currently talking to a rep from HP who has offered me a meger $75 in HP store credit. Hopefully with more support from the community and the push that we're all working toward we might all be able to convince them to adequately compensate us. 

Thanks and keep up the good fight, 

Ian

HP Recommended
You're a lucky guy you got a $75 credit to buy another HP non functional product.... Lol. HP doesn't care about the buyer, never had, never will. This thread had been going on for years, if they really wanted to help they would've done so long ago and made us feel a lil more confident about purchasing their products. I upgraded mine to Windows 8 Media Center Edition and I'm gonna sell it ASAP and buy another NON HP touch PC. You guys should do the same. For less than $20 you can try and fix it or burn it, but it is better than having a $1000 paper weight.
HP Recommended
I have same problem with my touchsmart tx2. I hope someone from HP will send me an email on how to resolve the problem. I have tried a variety of the fixes indicated here with no success, although not the hair dryer as I don't own one. Please help!!!
HP Recommended
Try this open it up took out the mother board and using a 200w halogen lamp and a cardboard and foil heat shield reseated the GPU and added a copper heatsink so that it doesn't happen again. It's been working for 2 days now, non stop, and no issues. Look up HP TX Blank screen on YouTube. Or use this link.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ctHTF3oNdxI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DctHTF3oNdxI

Copper Heatsink: eBay item number :350692346190
Thermal Paste: Amazon :Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound 3.5g.
HP Recommended

Glad to report that the hair dryer fix worked for me. I was able to borrow one and followed the instructions and am now on my HP Touchsmart tx2 sending this email. But I will not ever--never buy another HP product again as a result of this problem and what I have read about this problem from literally hundreds of others. Of all the mickey mouse ways of making computers and absolutely no regard from customers, I won't give HP another dime of my money and I have been a loyal HP customer over many years since the late 80s with both desktop computers, notebooks and printers, spending many thousands of $$s. Too bad HP, you're losing a valued customer and one who will tell others about this whole issue. You should have issued a recall and fixed the problem for your customers.

HP Recommended

My TX2 is doing the same thing...starts with fan running - blinking lights every four seconds - blank screen.  I've had this laptop for a few years and have already had to send it back to HP for a bad screen right after the warranty expired.  HP did go good for the bad screen as it was a manufacturer's defect.  It seems now that this new problem is a defect too.  I feel bad because I really liked the laptop and just put Win 8 on it, which is totally awesome on this unit. If I can't get it taken care of through HP, I'm going to contact the Better Business Bureau.  There doesn't seem to be very many people on these posts who are having any luck with HP. It's one thing to have a computer go bad because of wear and tear or age...but this computer has been babied since it was new and these problems are due to manufacturer's defects.

HP Recommended
Hp won't help, try the fix I've listed.
HP Recommended
You sent me a message about filing a complaint but HP blocked it...talk about admitting guilt. I just bought a Microsoft Surface. I'm going to throw that piece of junk HP right in the garbage where it belongs!
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. Reseated ram, no help. Changed CMOS battery no help. I am debating on taking it apart to check the video chip. I have not been able to find a very good posted solution to this problem. It does seem to be a common problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.