Note on archived topics.
07-23-2013 07:01 AM
I've received notifications from HP about Cyberlink being a risk to my computer. What is Cyberlink & how can it affect my computer. I don't remember installing it, so where did it come from?
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-24-2013 03:08 AM
Cyberlink is one of the softwares that will often be pre-installed when you recieve the computer. The HP notification may be saying you are at risk due to it being out of date. Cyberlink is a company so there are many different possibilities for which software is causing the issue. If you could outline which software it is that is causing the issue to allow more help
07-28-2013 11:35 AM
thank you so much for answering my question. It probably does need to be updated, but didn't want to do anything until I knew exactly what it was. We've already lost several computers due to them crashing from viruses & trojans-even with firewalls & virus protection. It's already been too costly. I'm just trying to prevent from losing another one. Again, thank you.
06-09-2014 05:03 PM
The main Cyberlink programs that I have found to be typically installed by default on a new HP computer are:
- Cyberlink PowerDVD - This program allows you to watch DVD movies and I believe Blu-Ray discs also on computers with the necessary drives installed. If you have a Third Party DVD Playing software you should not require this software.
- Cyberlink Power2Go - This software package allows you to burn various types of Audio CD and DVD as well as make disc images of CDs and DVDs for Backup Purposes or cloning of Discs.
- Cyberlink Media Suite - This program provides a link into all the other Cyberlink programs allowing you to easily choose a task and the relevant program will load.
- Cyberlink Photo Director - This is Cyberlink's photo editor for editing different types of image files on your computer
- Cyberlink Power Director- This is Cyberlink's video editor allowing you to cut, paste and perform various other modifications to a video file as well as create a slideshow from image files contained on your computer.
If you do not have a need for any of the software for any of the tasks described as you already have third party software to complete the task I believe there should be no problem with removing it from your computer to free up hard disk space.
08-10-2015 01:03 PM
Just had Windows 10 installed on my desk top HP computer, it came with CyberLink programs installed to deal with the photography, I now find that I cannot download my photos from my digital camera.
No problem on Windows 8.1, also the photo album layout on 8.1 was much better.
Can CyberLink be uninstalled and if I do will there still be a satisfactory Windows program on the computer to deal with photographs and videos?
Help! Thanks. Ricky61.
08-11-2015 07:20 AM
Further to my email 08-10-2015 Ref. CyberLink Programs which I found were installed on my Desk Top HP computer after upgrading to Windows 10, and which I thought were causing problems with the downloading of my photos from my camera and iPad.
I have now uninstalled all of the CyberLink programs from my computer and now find that downloading of my photographs from my camera and iPad are fine and OK, and as I think Microsoft Windows 10 intended ??