Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

what is my network security key,when i connect to wirless conection they will ask it

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Only you know what is it. You have to logon to your access point (AP) to find out OR you can setup a new one using this:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows-vista/Set-up-a-security-key-for-a-wireless-network

Note: You must know the old one or you can reset the whole thing like a brand new router by press the RESET pin. What is it ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I am entering my network security key # when asked while attempting to connect my printer to my network. However, the computer tells methat I have used the wrong security key #. I am sure I used the right #. What should I do to connect my printer to a network?

HP Recommended

Where do I find it or recover it

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please read my first reply.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Security key.. How do I get it if the package was thrown out
HP Recommended

@Lydia4 wrote:
Security key.. How do I get it if the package was thrown out

Hi,

It is yours, you set it up. You can throw out the box but after set it up it will stay in your router, not the box. Now, you have to set your router up yourself.

Note: Some ISP's may set the key for you and they MUST give you a card or a piece of paper which contanis the key. Otherwise ask them how to set it up.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
Can't locate access to router
HP Recommended

@Lydia4 wrote:
Can't locate access to router

Hi,

Did you buy the router yourself or from your ISP ? If you bought it yourself, what is it ? If from your ISP them ask them

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

The network security key is the password you need to set up a wireless internet connection.   If you are trying to set up a wireless connection provided by your internet service provider, the password may be printed on the bottom of the modem provided by your ISP.  This is the case for 2WIRE modums, and may be for others as well.  The code, which is 10 numbers on 2WIRE modums, is directly beneath the name of the wireless connection provided by your ISP.  If the code is not there, just call your ISP, and they will tell you how to find the code.   If you do not have free technical support, just pay the fee, because I tried the other fixes, and they didn't work.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.