The HP Community is here for you.
09-08-2016 04:29 PM
i had upgraded it to windows 10 nd most of things lik microphone. internet connection. and so are not working properly nd yesterday to add to this i had a virus attack. 85.195., something... ma laptop is messed up... i want to boot the lap. so can u tell me wer to get genuine windows 7 home basic oa india to download nd reinstall as laptop came with this nd i have the product key
09-09-2016 12:46 PM
Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.
You have 2 options:
1) Once you upgrade to Win 10 (if upgrade option was performed, not clean re-installation) you can revert to previous Windows edition (e.g. W7) for 10 or 30 days after Windows 10 upgrade.
You'll be able to go back to an earlier version by going to Settings > Update & security > Recovery . The time you have to go back depends on what version of Windows 10 your PC is running after the upgrade. For example, if your PC is running Windows 10 Version 1511, you have a month to go back to your previous operating system. If your PC is running Windows 10 Version 1607 Anniversary update, you have 10 days to go back.
2) If the above is not applicable and if you own a valid Windows 7 licence key, you can legally download Windows 7 ISO images from Microsoft web site here >> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7
You can burn the ISO to a DVD or write it to a USB thumdrive
Once you are ready, boot from this DVD/USB device and reinstall Win 7.
Drivers for the Windows OS can be obtained from HP support site > http://support.hp.com
If you require details or assistance on something specific, please do not hesitate to reply and ask - I'd be glad to help.
Let me know how it goes and if you managed to fix it.
I am not employed by HP Inc. I express personal opinion only **** I work in IT and cyber security
07-05-2018 07:13 AM
Hi I am facing the same problem and when I tried the second option i.e. downloading Windows from their website it gave me an error message saying "The product key you entered appears to be for software preinstalled by the device manufacturer. Please call the device manufacturerfor software recovery option."
Please help i need to downgrade to windows 7 as it takes ages to start windows 10.
07-05-2018 09:36 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!