i have pavilion dv6 7040tx i had upgraded it to windows 10 nd most of things lik microphone. internet connection. and so are not working properly nd yesterday to add to this i had a virus attack. 85.195., something... ma laptop is messed up... i want to boot the lap. so can u tell me wer to get genuine windows 7 home basic oa india to download nd reinstall as laptop came with this nd i have the product key
1) Once you upgrade to Win 10 (if upgrade option was performed, not clean re-installation) you can revert to previous Windows edition (e.g. W7) for 10 or 30 days after Windows 10 upgrade.
You'll be able to go back to an earlier version by going to Settings > Update & security > Recovery. The time you have to go back depends on what version of Windows 10 your PC is running after the upgrade. For example, if your PC is running Windows 10 Version 1511, you have a month to go back to your previous operating system. If your PC is running Windows 10 Version 1607 Anniversary update, you have 10 days to go back.
If you require details or assistance on something specific, please do not hesitate to reply and ask - I'd be glad to help.
Let me know how it goes and if you managed to fix it.
>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Click below on Accept As Solution or ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks << *** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - Volunteer since 2013
Hi I am facing the same problem and when I tried the second option i.e. downloading Windows from their website it gave me an error message saying "The product key you entered appears to be for software preinstalled by the device manufacturer. Please call the device manufacturerfor software recovery option."
Please help i need to downgrade to windows 7 as it takes ages to start windows 10.
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!
I work on behalf of HP
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.