cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PAKHT00N
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

windows recovery failed

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion m6-1045dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hy I am Zuhoor Hashimi,

i have hp pavilion m6 1045dx, 1 month ago i upgraded my windows 7 home premium to windows 10 pro with DVD DRIVE, so i saw not all of my loptop drivers were working properly now i want to go back to my original windows 7 home premium and i have recovery drive so i wanted to go back to factory defaults then i recieved message "windows failed to start status code: 0xc00000225 BOOT/bcd... i will be pleased if you help me i really want to go back to windows 7

😊😊😊😢😢😢😢
Untitled.png

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
visruth
Level 15
13,019 12,958 1,699 3,965
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi Zuhoor,

Upgrading to Windows 10 might have made recovery partition corrupted and inoperable.

Do you have Recovery USB/discs that you must have created after first setup of this laptop?

If you don't have, you may have to order recovery discs from here: http://computersurgeons.com/p-21738-windows-7-64b-recovery-kit-694679-001-for-hp-pavilion-entertainm...

Else follow the suggestion given by Paul Tikkanen in this thread to make Windows 7 installation media and do Clean install:
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/want-windows-7-back/m-p/5926128

Regards

Visruth
0 Kudos
PAKHT00N
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
so i can not get those back??? there is no wayy?????
0 Kudos
PAKHT00N
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

so i can not get those back??? there is no wayy?????

0 Kudos
visruth
Level 15
13,019 12,958 1,699 3,965
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What back?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation