Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP WDC WD2500BEVT-22A23TO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It says go to windows.stop code...but thats telling me to download something...I cant get in to download anything 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Marg72, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand after upgrading Kaspersky you are getting stop code error on your PC.

Don't worry I'd love to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

What is stop code error you are getting on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below.

Turn on your PC keep tapping the F11 key on your PC, 

Go into Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt.
Run following command in it:
sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows

It’ll find some errors but shall not be able to fix all. Also run the following command then:
bcdedit /set {default} boot menu policy legacy

Now close the command prompt and reboot the computer.

Also, run system diagnostics on your PC and let me know the results.

Refer this article to know how to run system diagnostics on your PC.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hullo thank you for answering...I think my model no is WDC WD2500BEVT-22A23TO...SERIAL NO WD-WX81A4037025...The STOP CODE MESSAGE IS thread exception not handled...I have tried as you suggested but its not letting me in...It was working fine up till I downloaded kapersky total..before that I was using the free basic 

kapersky security through the bank....Thank you again...hope you can help    no on checking I think my product is DOTS2  and product no...DOT S2/RUK/002...so confused with all the numbers...the top one must be windows 10 as its what I get when tapping F2

@A4Apollo wrote:

Hey there! @Marg72, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand after upgrading Kaspersky you are getting stop code error on your PC.

Don't worry I'd love to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

What is stop code error you are getting on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below.

Turn on your PC keep tapping the F11 key on your PC, 

Go into Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt.
Run following command in it:
sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows

It’ll find some errors but shall not be able to fix all. Also run the following command then:
bcdedit /set {default} boot menu policy legacy

Now close the command prompt and reboot the computer.

Also, run system diagnostics on your PC and let me know the results.

Refer this article to know how to run system diagnostics on your PC.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi @Marg72, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @A4Apollo, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply, the product number provided is a Wested digital hard drive. Please refer to this HP Article for assistance in finding the product number of your computer. 

Please boot the computer to recovery manager by tapping F11 repeated on startup and perform a system restore on your computer. Click here for assistance. 

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.