Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP x2 210 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP x2 210 G1 Detachable.

I have an USB to Ethernet adapter, and want to PXE boot to connect to SCCM and retrieve a new image.

I cannot find anywhere in BIOS where I can choose Legacy Boot - only UEFI boot is available.

I have disablet Secure Boot.

When I push F12, it doesn't seem like it recognize the USB network adapter.

When I push F9, I get 

OS Boot manager (UEFI) – Windows Boot Manager

Boot from EFI File

Is there anywhere I can enable Legacy Boot or get pxe-boot to work on my USB to Ethernet adapter?

(I have this one: Linksys USB Ethernet Adapter Gigabit USB 3.0)

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I'm looking for the answer to the same question.  There's no legacy boot option, even with the lastest F5 BIOS.  Did you have any joy or did you try reimaging on a USB key?

HP Recommended

Having same issue - turning of Secureboot isnt helping - anyone have a working solution for this?  I have 35 i need to image via SCCM

HP Recommended

Hi did you find any solution? Having the same issues here. Tried the same. No PXE boot. what strikes me is that the option to boot to network is there but not working. Need to install 66 devices using SCCM..What am i missing?

HP Recommended

I hit a similar situation last year with just 14 devices to build and ended up creating a task sequence to boot from USB.  If pxe boot isnt fixed by now then bootbale usb media is still your best bet.  Good Luck

HP Recommended

thanks. will try that. Meanwhile i did create a bootable usb and i am using that now. Not happy with 66 devices.. oh and i did find another thread about a HP usb to lan adapter (N7P47AA#AC3) which should work. Going to order that and see what happens. We use a Surface usb to lan adapter now. Will post it here.

HP Recommended

we have the hp usb ethernet adapters too, they just dont work for the x2 210 model

HP Recommended

was afraid that wouldn't work either..so you created a bootable usb drive with the task sequence and had to do them by hand? any problems with partitions? seems i cannot delete all partition on the drive.

HP Recommended

ya the hp dongle didnt work for me neither - tried the sccm bootable TS on a USB but our setup wouldnt even get the TS on a 16 gig stick....gongi to try another larger one - but my hopes are not high

HP Recommended

I did a standard partition disk 0, disk type Standard (MBR) with  1 NTFS partition, kept image size to a minumum, only have specific drivers for that model in task sequence and I got it all on a 16Gb usb key I think, though it was still a real pain getting it working through trial and error. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.