Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
M830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings!  We have a unit we are working on for another partner.  M830.  They are using it in a managed print setting.  Not under warranty.

Error: 30.03.45.  Items replaced: SCB and scanner bed.  Also: Partial wipe.  Full wipe. Reinstall latest FS.  Note that error reappears during side 2 of the scanner calibration and if a duplex copy is being processed.  Simplex copies are OK.  Flatbed copies are OK.  L2 suggested formatter.  I have a feeling the CIS in the ADF lid is the issue and it may not be in the formatter.  Or, is there an issue within the formatter that can cause this?

Any one have any ideas?  I know the partner is at wits end and is likely in the red with margin on this one.   

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Gary!

Great diagnosis so far!

Yes the M830 does have a CIS.  The 30.03.45 error is a SCB memory assertion error, thus all of your previous repair attempts are valid.

Usually 30 errors link to the flatbed, and 31 errors link to the ADF, but I have see this before where a 30 error is actually caused by the ADF.  Since this device is simplex scanning fine then I would replace the ADF before the formatter. 

There is no known link to the formatter causing this error, but the formatter does contain the CPB (Copy Processor Board) this would be the last piece to the puzzle in my opinion.

If this does not resolve the issue and you would like further troubleshooting assistance please have  a case created by calling the contact center at 1-888-472-2737.

Good Luck! 

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.  We do have a case created.  I know a good formatter is not a cheap item.  I will pass along your advice.

HP Recommended

Hi Gary,

I agree with “Island_Of_DATA” and I would change the ADF first

because the problem is during duplex scanning or copying.

I believe that your problem will be resolved after replacing ADF.

We have faced same error here in Greece with same model and the problem resolved with new ADF.

Of course there is only 1% for the problem to be something else like CPB that Island of DATA has also mentioned!!!

HP Recommended

Hello!  Just a follow-up.  My suspicion on the CIS in the ADF was right.  No formatter needed.  Replacing the ADF solved all issues.  Thanks for all the input everyone!

HP Recommended

Glad to hear Gary!

Thank you for your followup and feedback!

I am an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.