Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 6230 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

BRAND-NEW PRODUCT, SETUP WITH HP SMART: PRINTS SINGLE-SIDED PAGES FINE, BUT DURING DUPLEX PRINTING JAMS WHEN PRINTING THE SECOND SIDE. HELP?

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @ENRHUMAY,

I'd like to help!

I understand paper jam when duplex printing

To assist better -

1. What are the size, type, and weight of the paper you are using?
  2. Have you installed HP Drivers on your computer?

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Many thanks for the reply, Jay-G24.

The paper is Amazon Basics multipurpose, A4 210 x 297, weight 80 g / m2 -- it's the same paper I'd been using for years (without problems) on my old printer, which was an earlier version of the Envy 6230 All-in-One, i.e., an Envy 5540 All-in-One.

As for the HP drivers, I assume they were installed when I installed HP Smart. If not, let me know where to look and I'll see if they're installed. 

Hope this helps--waiting to see.

Thanks again,

Enrhumay

HP Recommended

To check if the drivers are installed 

1. Press the Windows key and type in the printer model
  2. A printer icon should come up, open it and you will find the printer assistant screen.

If you do not find the printer then install the drivers from here

Hope this helps!

Let me know!

HP Recommended

The Printer Assistant screen shows Printer Driver Version 24.94.1.7079 and Software version 044.009.2759.21325. The Printer Window shows Auto-Updating ON and "the most current updates have already been installed. No new updates available..."

What's the next step? I'm desperate.😱

HP Recommended

Let's try and uninstall the printer software from the root level on your PC and install the full feature printer software.

First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.

• Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
    • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Click the bottom-left Start button on desktop, type device manager in the search box and tap Device Manager on the menu.
    • Once in device manager, click on the view tab in the top & choose “Show hidden devices”.
    • Then from the device manager list, check the entries under “Printer” – If there are any entries, please right click and choose “uninstall” – In the confirm device un-install pop-up, make sure you select the box which says “Delete the driver software for this device". 
    • Also, check the entries under "printer queue" and "imaging devices" and repeat the same exercise. Delete any printer entry or any entry which says “Unknown device”.
    • Once done, close device-manger. Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
    • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
    • Again, go running window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
    • Once done you can try cleaning out your temporary files and cached files. You can try using automated applications like some cleaner software's that you can download from the internet.
    • Now restart your computer again.
    • Open the Run window again, type “services.msc” and press ok to get services window.
    • Scroll down to “Remote Procedure Call (RPC)” – right-click and go to properties. Make sure the service is started and startup type is “Automatic”.
    • Now scroll up and go to “Function Discovery Provider Host” – right-click and select properties – Change the startup type to “manual” and start the service.
    • Repeat the same exercise on “Function Discovery Resource Publication” as well
    • Windows image acquisition stop and restart the service 

Install all the available Windows updates

If it is been a while since you updated your Windows, that is the main reason why Windows says your HP printer driver is unavailable. Here are the steps how to do a Windows Update to install all accessible operating system update.

If you are accessing Windows 10, then these steps are for you.

1. Hit the Start menu and write an update. After that, click on the “Check for updates” option.
  2. Tap on the “Check for updates” option.
  3. After clicking on that option, Windows will install the updates automatically.
  4. When Windows completes all its updates, start your computer again and attempt to print a file to check if your printer works.

Reinstall the drivers from the Software and drivers page

If the error persists, Try installing the printer with a windows built-in driver

Let me know how this goes!

HP Recommended

I followed all your instructions, but it didn't work: the problem persists...😵.

Couldn't it be a hardware problem? 

HP Recommended

Try the below suggestions -

Follow below version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference. If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Install the printer using the TCP/IP port:

1. On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer(at the top) 
  2. Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
  3. Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
  4. Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless/ethernet icon on the printer screen
  5. Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
  6. Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
  7. Try printing .

If the issue persists, Install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know-how. Try printing.

Let me know how this goes!

HP Recommended

Life these days is complicated. I'll try tonight if I can and let you know if it works.

HP Recommended

Sound good 🙂

Get back to me at your convenience.

Stay safe!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.