Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Good for you Peirce-100!  I finally trashed the printer that was jamming all the time but wouldn't allow me to lift up the glass platen so I could get to the jams.  Luckily it was a work printer, so was able to get another model. 

Not happy with HP right now.  

HP Recommended

Though I never received a "private message," I called HP and received an answer that solved my false paper jam message without having to pay for extended protection. The person who helped me suggested taking all of the paper out of the tray. When I did that, I found two pieces at the bottom of the pile that had been grabbed by the printer mechanism and taken in about 1 1/2 inches. When I pulled those out, the paper jam message went away. I was told that I could get free tech support though the printer is out of warranty. Why you did not suggest this simple fix or explain that I could get free tech support at a phone number, I do not understand. But what I said before still holds, that we humans have to find ways not to waste so many resources, to produce less stuff and keep it working longer. I will now move my printer back into my study and get on with my work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.