Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-07-2022 10:58 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting a paper jam issue, I am glad to assist you.
Reset the printer
- Reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
- NOTE: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
- Turn on the printer to complete the reset.
Clean the paper pick rollers (inside printer)
- Clean the paper pick rollers under the cartridges or inside the paper tray area.
- Get a flashlight.
- Turn off the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent, and then disconnect the power cord and any cables from the rear of the printer.
- Remove the paper stack from the input tray.
- Depending on your printer model, use the flashlight to find the paper pick roller.
- PRINTERS WITH THE ROLLER UNDER THE CARTRIDGES
- PRINTERS WITH THE ROLLER ABOVE THE INPUT TRAY
- Lightly dampen a cotton swab with water, and then squeeze it to remove any excess water.
- Clean the rollers with the swab, rotating the rollers with your fingers to completely clean them.
- Allow the rollers to dry for two minutes.
- Reconnect the power cord and cables, and then turn on the printer.
Refer to this HP document for further assistance:- Click here
Keep me posted.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community