Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M148fdw

Hello..  I have a LaserJet Pro MFP M148fdw.  It has been working great since I purchased it, but I began having problems with using the document feeder.  I can't think of anything in particular that happened to it from a mechanical standpoint, it just stopped drawing in even a single sheet and then throwing a "scan" error.  It does not seem to matter if I'm using a utility such as HP Smart to run a copy or scan from the feeder, or simply hitting the "copy" function on the menu.  Any ideas on what might be happening?  I've tried to open the cover and I can't find anything that is seemingly caught in the mechanical portion, though the very top portion of the document feeder is not easy to open, and does not seem to close easily without a "snapping" sounds...  Honestly, I don't think I've ever opened that top portion of the feeder since having purchased the device.  I've never had a reason to even try...  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Well, I "solved" my own problem.  The roller area that pulls documents into the feeder was obstructed, though it was very hard to see..  I thought it was some paper fragments, but by the time I was able to extract the material, found it to have been the smashed, dried remains of a "stink bug" as they are knows around my region - basically a small beatle.. After carefully extracting what I could and vacuuming the area, I was able to run a single sheet through the feeder and clear out what I hope to be the remaining remnants.  A post from several years backed noted that in cases of the type of problem I was experiencing, make certain there are no obstructions, as small as they may be...  Poor bug!  🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.