Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure this is a mechanical issue and the printer is not under warranty. I want to make sure I know what parts need to be ordered.

The problem is that paper doesn't feed through the document feeder at the top when scanning something. The paper does go in a little bit and then stop while the rollers continue to spin for a while. Then it times out and the control panel gives the message "Driver feeder pick error". 

Does this just need new rollers or is there more to it than t

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Try cleaning the pickup roller with a water dampened lint free cloth. If performance is better then dirt or wear is the problem and a replacement will likely help. If there is no improvement then there could be a mechanical issue.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I should have mentioned, we did try cleaning the rollers with no change. It also looked like there was a flat spot on the roller. I'm hoping it's just rollers but wanted to see if it's that simple.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.