Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Smart Tank 555
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am getting an E2 error after the first page prints. This has only just started after it ran out of paper and I put a lot of paper in it.

I have checked all settings to confirm that A4 is the correct size, it seems to be correctly set up. I wonder if I am loading the paper correctly? Do you push it all the way in or rest it on the guides, or if I loaded too much paper and it has moved something?

Any advice very welcome 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Hello,

Make sure you are Loading Paper, Envelopes into the Printer correctly.

Please 
restart the printer and computer for solve this problem.
  1. Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.
  2. Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.
  3. Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.
  4. Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.
     NOTE: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
  5. Wait at least 3 minutes, then turn on the computer.
  6. Try to print.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.