Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
:HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer series Pavilion 6530

I have the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer, shows paper jam but I have thoroughly checked the printer & no jam. Due to this I am not able to get to the menu screen. How can I resolve this issue?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@V4P

Welcome to the HP support community.

Make sure the carriage can move freely

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Place your fingers into the slot on the left side of the printer, and then pull to open the ink cartridge access door.

The carriage moves into the ink cartridge access area.

1. Location of the ink cartridge access door slot

3. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you continue.

4. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

WARNING: 

You must unplug the power cord to move the carriage by hand and reset the paper feed mechanism without the risk of electrical shock.

5. Use a flashlight to check for any paper or objects that might be restricting the carriage, and then remove any paper or objects that you find.

CAUTION: 

If the paper tears when you remove it from the rollers, check the rollers and wheels for torn pieces of paper that might remain inside the printer. If pieces of paper remain in the printer, more paper jams can occur.

6. Reach inside the printer through the ink cartridge access door, and then manually move the carriage.

• If the carriage is stuck on the right side of the printer, move the carriage to the left side of the printer.

• If the carriage is stuck on the left side of the printer, move the carriage to the right side of the printer.

• If the carriage is stuck in the middle of the printer, move the carriage to the right side of the printer.

7. Remove any loose paper or obstructions found.

8. Make sure that the carriage can move freely across the width of the printer. Firmly push the carriage to the left side of the printer, and then push it to the right side.

9. Close the ink cartridge access door.

10. Reconnect the power cord, and then turn on the printer.

You can refer this HP document fo rmore assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.