Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-18-2021 09:22 PM
My computer keeps sending me the message 'printer jam' but there is no paper jam. I've done all steps such as resetting it, cleaning the paper rollers, and everything else i've found online. I still can not print from my computer at all wirelessly. I can print from my mobile phone with no problems what so ever but not on my computer.
10-21-2021 08:29 AM
@ShauneseErikson, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.
I understand you receive this false error message on the computer and are not able to print. As you are able to print from the mobile device, it means the printer hardware is working fine.
- Which application are you trying to print from? Are you using the HP Smart app?
- Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word, or Webpages and check if the issue persists?
Install the printer using the TCP/IP port:
Check for any pending Windows updates first.
- On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Remove the existing printer entry > click on Add a printer(at the top)
- Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
- Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
- Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless/ethernet icon on the printer screen
- Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
- Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community