Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-21-2020 03:52 PM
Product: Officejet Pro 6978
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
I have read and followed all the HP instructions. There are no paper jams. Carriage moves freely when printer is first turned on. As soon as it goes thru its turn on procedures the message "Printer carriage cannot move". After checking the entire printer for jams or loose paper bits, I can only assume it is a sensor issue. Thanks for your help.
1 REPLY 1
09-24-2020 03:13 PM
Welcome to the HP support community.
Perform a power reset
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
- Turn on the printer.
Update the printer firmware
Here are the steps:- Click here
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community