Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11
  • Tried to test print a document after setting up and installing this printer.
  • Upon sending the print command to the printer, it made a series of loud mechanical grinding and plastic banging noises, sounding as if the plastic gears were encountering resistance and stripping as they tried to turn.   
  • Received an error message on the printer’s display screen stating, “photo tray blocked.”
  • I performed all of the HP recommended solutions including:
    • I inspected the photo tray and saw that it was not blocked, it was properly seated in its track, and that it easily slid back and forth.  
    • I inspected the printer tray and re-inserted it into the printer several times to ensure that it was installed correctly. 
    • I made sure the print was on a flat surface. 
    • I unplugged the power chord from the wall electrical outlet, waited 1 minute, and performed a power reset. 
    • I checked that the firmware was up-to-date.
  • I did an Internet search and learned that this is apparently a fairly common HP design fault across several HP models (e.g. 5661, 5642, 6230, 7200, 7164, 7640, 7645) and that customers were frustrated that this problem has occurred over 4-5 years and the HP Support Community could not provided a solution.   
  • I still need a home printer.  I'm returning this item for a refund and will try another brand.  
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.