Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 8710/HP Premium Plus Photo Paper
macOS 10.15 Catalina

HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 won't feed HP Premium Plus Photo Paper. Rollers turn and are very noisy and squeaky, then I receive a paper jam error for the back of the printer.  Sometimes if I hit OK the paper will then feed through but will not print.  Other times I have to open the back and remove the paper.  

Answering after reading a different post:

• What is the photo paper size? 8.5x11
  • Have you tried with different photo paper? Yes, 3 different types, all with the same problem.
  • Try printing on regular photo paper and check. Will print photo on regular paper, but not photo paper.
  • Have tried printing document and checked? Yes.

The printer will print the picture on regular paper and is not noisy. Feeds paper fine. I can make copies fine.  Just seems to not want to feed the photo paper.  Have tried all of the cleaning tips online to clean the paper feed rollers for the tray, back and printer cartridge area.

Really like this printer and does such a good job on all other print jobs.  Is there any hope?  If not, any suggestions on a new model?

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback!

Lisa_K.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Found a comment from Davie3601 where he said the following:

"Thank You Midoriha_senpai for the tip on pressing on the back door of the printer, I finally got a picture printed today (10th time lucky) - Its not usable due to the ink marks on the rear of it from all the previous failed prints but at least i may be able to make up some sort of bracket to hold the door shut to get future prints out."

I too tried this tip. After a couple of tries I found if I pressed on the bottom of the back door of the printer the paper finally loaded through and I was able to get a picture printed. 

I agree that this should not be the answer and HP should have had a fix to this.  For an OfficeJet Pro 8710 that prints like a horse on plain paper including doubled sided prints it should not fail on all the other paper types consistently with customers having to use a silly work-around. Why has there not been a fix to this problem.

Davie3601, did you come up with a bracket to use for a work-a-round? I would love to hear your fix.  And Midoriha_senpai, thank you for the tip. I'm so happy I continued to look for an answer and came across Davie3601's message.

Looking forward to any feedback.  And HP, I hope I hear from you with a solution.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Lisa_K

Welcome to the HP support community.

If you have tried all the steps mentioned in this HP document:- Click here

And if the issue still persists, this could be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.