Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP PageWide Managed P77740dn
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

how to fix HP PageWide Managed P77740dn error code 61.B9.21

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

That exact error does not appear in the troubleshooting documentation for this device. In cases like this your best option is to contact HP technical support and open a case so that they can consult level 2 or level 3 support. 

Phone Assist Worldwide | HP® Official Site

The closest error I see listed is a 61.B9.26 error which is related to the output assembly.

After consideration I do have a question

when you restart the printer does the error show up right away or does the error show up when you try to print something? If the error is on the screen as soon as you start then you either have a jammed flag somewhere in the system or a hardware failure. If the error shows only when trying to print, is there any paper jammed anywhere in the system?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.