Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-26-2022 04:21 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting a "problem with the printer or ink system", I am glad to assist you.
Reset the printer
- Resetting the printer might clear the error message.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
Reseat the printhead up to three times
- To clear the error message, you might need to reseat the printhead up to three times.
- Open the door to access to the ink cartridges.
- Wait until the carriage stops moving before you continue.
- Unplug the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- WARNING:You must disconnect the power cord before reaching inside the printer.
- Lift the carriage latch, slightly lift the printhead, lower the printhead back into the carriage, wiggle the printhead left and right, and then lower the carriage latch to lock the printhead into place.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer, and then check the control panel for the error message.
- Sometimes error messages persist after inserting the printhead. If the error message persists, repeat the steps to reseat the printhead up to three times.
Refer to this HP document for further assistance:- Click here
Keep me posted.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community