Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Tango
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Tango doesn't feed the paper anymore.  The paper gets fed unevenly and then gets crunched up and doesn't get thru the printing process.  It was working fine for over a year and now is out of warranty.  This support site is not very helpful.  Is there a way to take off the top of the printer to inspect or replace the wheels?  Other ways to fix this without buying a new printer?  It's worked great up until now.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I’ve been up and down these message boards and while I’ve found several posts regarding the same issue, I’ve only seen one potential solution - which is attempting to clean the rubber wheels at the back of the printer where you insert the paper.  I’m going to be trying that for my client’s printer shortly.  I’ll check back in if it’s successful.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue too. I noticed it was ripping the paper in the same spot, so I looked closer and it seems that one of the wheels has been bent / broken but I don't know how to fix?

hp-screenshot.jpg

HP Recommended

I am having this same issue. Suddenly the printer won't feed and of course it's "just" out of warranty and HP is useless to help. I barely use this printer too, approximately once a month since I got it so for this to happen tells me HP products are cheap. I will not be buying this brand ever again! If anyone has suggestions I'd be grateful. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.