Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer

Printer keeps giving jam message although I have checked everywhere and see nothing.  Have unplugged and restarted a couple times

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @dbranam,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-In-One Printer keeps giving a jam message despite there being no visible jam, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue.

• Check for small pieces of paper: Sometimes small shreds of paper can get stuck in the printer's rollers or sensors. Use a flashlight to carefully inspect the entire paper path, including the input and output trays, as well as any access doors and trays.
  • Clear any obstructions: Ensure there are no foreign objects such as paper clips or debris blocking the paper path. Even a small piece of debris can trigger a false jam error.
  • Reset the printer: Unplug the power cord from the printer and wait for about a minute. Then, plug it back in and turn the printer on. This will perform a power cycle reset, which can often resolve minor issues.
  • Check for firmware updates: Ensure your printer has the latest firmware installed. You can usually find firmware updates on the HP support website. Updating the firmware can sometimes fix bugs or issues that cause false jam errors.
  • Clean the rollers: Over time, paper dust and debris can accumulate on the printer's rollers, causing them to not grip the paper properly and leading to false jam errors. Use a lint-free cloth lightly moistened with water to gently clean the rollers.
  • Adjust paper settings: Ensure that the paper size and type settings in the printer's control panel or software match the paper you are using. Incorrect settings can sometimes cause the printer to think there is a jam.
  • Perform a hard reset: Sometimes a hard reset can resolve persistent issues. To perform a hard reset, you'll typically need to hold down the power button for about 10-15 seconds while the printer is turned on. Consult your printer's manual for specific instructions on how to perform a hard reset.

If none of these steps resolve the issue and your printer continues to give false jam errors, it's possible there may be a hardware issue with the printer's sensors or other components.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.