Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2132 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A couple of weeks ago my printer made a lot of noise and 'spat out' a sticky-backed piece of foam sponge about 20mmx10mmx5mm with the sheet it had printed. It still seems to be working fine - without any undue noise - although since yesterday it doesn't want to turn off. Are these two symptoms related? Is it a DIY job to stick back the sponge? Any instructions on how to do it?

Any help most gratefully received.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Any chance you still have the ejected piece and can post a picture of it?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. Here's a picture with rough dimensions.

foam.jpg

HP Recommended

I uploaded the picture as requested. Through the front opening i can see a similar sponge still in place to the far right, so it's not that one that has popped out. Has anyone an idea how to fix this? Just some basic instruction on how to remove the outer covering(s) to access the workings might be helpful. Thanks.

HP Recommended

I would look on the left hand side of the carriage to see if there is a spot. It looks like it might be a wiper sponge that traps excess ink, or it could be a buffer to keep case parts from squeaking.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I  think both your speculations make sense, certainly the one that is still there on the right looks to me like a buffer.

I had another close look on the far left (where the heads 'park') and there is a similar sponge - just visible and sited below the printheads - that likely has a wiping function. I found a video on youtube that seems to show two sponges on that side, although unfortunately it's not very clear. It also shows how to take the top of the case off, so i'll take a close look when i get a chance and let you know how if i'm still stuck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.