Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-11-2022 08:57 AM
Ran out of paper and old paper got stuck. All out now but nothing works no matter what I try. Only get HP printer message says
"PRINTER FAILURE" There is a problem with printer or ink system. Turn printer off , then on. If problem persists, contact HP."
What a joke can call anyone and can't print either. Even virtual chat help doesn't work. Help
10-14-2022 10:04 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
I understand that you are facing issues with Printer failure. I'd like to help!
To assist better:
- Are you using genuine HP ink cartridges?
- Was there any recent update on the printer prior to the issue?
- Was there any paper jam or carriage jam issue on the printer recently?
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove the USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, and press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight into a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till the warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP OfficeJet Printers - 'Printer Failure' Error
If the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action.
Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community