Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9019/Premier All-in-One Printer
macOS 12.0 Monterey

I attempted to print a single one-sided page, but the printer kept cycling like it was unable to load a sheet of paper. Finally, it showed a message saying that I needed to load 8.5 x 11 paper. When I tried to open the paper tray, it was stuck and would not slide out. I wiggled it and pulled it, and finally got the tray to slide open. I loaded the required paper in the tray, but the paper met no resistance from the usual "paper guides" at the rear of the tray. I have made several attempts to slide the tray back inside the printer housing, but cannot slide the tray all the way to the closed position; it remains stuck with about 3" of the tray still outside the printer and will not close further. I have already unplugged the printer, waited more than 60 seconds, and plugged it back in to reset it. When the tray is almost closed as I have described, the display screen shows the normal task icons. When I pull the tray back out, the screen shows a message stating that the tray is open and must be closed to continue. Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hold everything! I stumbled onto a solution: I noticed the small curved button near the front of the tray on the left-hand side, and tried pressing it, which actually meant pulling it toward the front edge of the tray. To my great relief, I found that this released the tray completely from the printer. I then lined the tray back up with the opening and carefully pushed it back inside the printer -- and this time, it closed completely. I then dismissed the paper size confirmation message on the screen and was able to print. Eureka!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hold everything! I stumbled onto a solution: I noticed the small curved button near the front of the tray on the left-hand side, and tried pressing it, which actually meant pulling it toward the front edge of the tray. To my great relief, I found that this released the tray completely from the printer. I then lined the tray back up with the opening and carefully pushed it back inside the printer -- and this time, it closed completely. I then dismissed the paper size confirmation message on the screen and was able to print. Eureka!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.