Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp color laserjet pro mfp m377dw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Paper Jam just as paper exits, but only on double sided printing (does not happen with single sided)

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Modtech

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Use the following procedure to check for paper in the duplexer. When a jam occurs, the control panel displays an animation that assists in clearing the jam.

1. At the rear of the printer, open the duplexer.

Figure : Open the duplexer

2. Remove any jammed or damaged sheets of paper.

CAUTION: 

The fuser is located above the rear door, and it is hot. Do not attempt to reach into the area above the rear door until the fuser is cool.

Figure : Remove the jammed paper

3. Close the duplexer.

Figure : Close the duplexer

Try to print again. If the error persists, continue to the next step to reset the printer.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

3. Wait 60 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
    NOTE: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.Try to print again to make sure that the hardware functions correctly. If the problem persist, Service the printer: HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is this as first side is exiting or is second side already printed on the page?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

The paper jam is not in the location suggested in your diagram. It' inside the printer along the inside of the printer rear top section, near the top of where the fuser unit is.  Hence, all of the tips given (reset etc..) have been tried and don't make any difference to the outcome. 

HP Recommended

Good question, as the paper appears to have some lines on it, but not a full printed page, so I'm assuming it's on the first side. 

HP Recommended

I've taken the Fuser unit out from the printer to be sure there were no jams within the unit (i.e. no damaged rollers or mechanics chat I could see, no loose debris, such as small paper blocking anything), so no problems found in the fuser unit, based on visual inspection. However when I tried to refit the Fuser unit, as recommended in some Youtube videos it slots in with about 10mm to go, and won't go in all the way. I don't want to apply any heavy force, but when I try to wriggle it into place, and pull it out numerous times to refit it, it just won't go in that last 10mm  or thereabouts. I've also tried moving the cog wheels slightly on different attempts, thinking that they may not be lining up on the left hand side, but outcome still the same. I'm totally losing my confidence in HP manufactured products, and will be considering other options in the future. This printer is lovely and clean and has only completed a total of 11,000 page prints, so these problems should not be there so early in the printers life. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.