Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One - N911n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Paper started jamming up all of a sudden. The wheel picks up the paper but will not feed into the printer. It just jams up against the printer at the duplex module behind the printer. I’ve gone through the whole troubleshooting guide from hp but the problem still exist. Can anyone help? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi thank you for the help.  I did go through all of them from Hps videos but they didn’t resolve the issue. (They were very thorough and helpful btw)

The printer will pick up the paper and runs it through the duplex module but jams up against the printer at the back. It looks like the “wheels” at the back of the printer was not picking up the paper into the printer
Not exactly sure what the problem was but when I manually fed the paper into the printer from the back, it resolved the issue. My printer is working now. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @hanny,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've already done some troubleshooting, but there are a few additional steps you can try to resolve the paper jamming issue with your HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One printer.

• Check for Jammed Paper: Turn off the printer and carefully inspect the paper path for any obstructions or jammed paper. Sometimes even small shreds of paper can cause issues.
  • Clean the Paper Path: Use compressed air or a small, soft brush to clean out any dust or debris that may be causing the paper to jam.
  • Check the Duplexer Module: Since the paper is jamming against the duplex module, it's possible that there is an issue with the module itself. Make sure it is installed correctly and that there are no loose parts or broken pieces.
  • Inspect Rollers and Wheels: Check the rollers and wheels that feed the paper into the printer. Make sure they are clean and free of any debris. If they appear worn or damaged, they may need to be replaced.
  • Adjust Paper Settings: Ensure that the paper settings in the printer driver match the type and size of paper you are using. Incorrect settings can sometimes cause paper jams.
  • Reset the Printer: Sometimes resetting the printer to its factory settings can resolve issues like this. Consult your printer's manual or HP's support website for instructions on how to perform a reset.
  • Update Firmware/Drivers: Ensure that your printer's firmware and drivers are up to date. Sometimes software updates can fix bugs or compatibility issues that may be causing the problem.

By going through these steps, you should hopefully be able to identify and resolve the issue causing the paper jams with your HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi thank you for the help.  I did go through all of them from Hps videos but they didn’t resolve the issue. (They were very thorough and helpful btw)

The printer will pick up the paper and runs it through the duplex module but jams up against the printer at the back. It looks like the “wheels” at the back of the printer was not picking up the paper into the printer
Not exactly sure what the problem was but when I manually fed the paper into the printer from the back, it resolved the issue. My printer is working now. 

HP Recommended

Hi @hanny,

Thank you for your response,

Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Alden4

HP Support  

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

There is one more ploace to looik in the back.  Take off the round back all together. I found a hidden piece of paper back there.   didn't know that cam off entirely. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.