Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-28-2022 09:29 AM - last edited on 09-29-2022 05:50 AM by JessikaV
HP Officejet 5255
A few of the first characters and some of the last characters on several lines of text are dropping below the line of text. Just like the paper is advancing before it senses the line has finished printing. Can provide a scan to help explain.
10-20-2022 05:24 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting printing issues, I am glad to assist you.
Did you make a copy and check if that prints fine?
If that copies fine, follow these steps:-
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install the printer using the HP Smart app
Click here to download
Keep me posted.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community