Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-29-2021 12:52 PM
I get the message "Paper tray open. Close the tray to continue". The tray is not open, but I can't do anything as long as the error message doesn't go away. What do I do?
I have tried to open and close several times, remove the paper in the tray, restart, remove power chord for 60 seconds.
12-02-2021 06:40 AM - edited 12-02-2021 06:43 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
I understand you are getting this error on the printer screen, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did you make any changes to your printer?
- When was the last time it worked fine?
I'd recommend removing the ink cartridges and performing a power reset might resolve the issue. Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till the warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
And, also Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor: Follow steps from the link: Click here
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community