Test door with toners removed. The front door is connected on the left side to a slider type mechanism. When you open door, This mechanism moves toner tray up so that toner tray can be removed. When door is closed, tray is reset to printing position. Either the front door is broken or the lifting mechanism is damaged or out of place. Inspect front door. Remove left side cover and inspect lifting mechanism. Left door removal can be a little cumbersome for first-timers:
1. Lift ADF scanner.
2. Open front door.
3. Left front, remove one screw.
4. Left front, release two tabs. Make sure they stay released.
5. Starting at the front, release four left side bottom tabs.
6. At the top of left cover, just behind control panel area, release two tabs.
7. Close ADF scanner. Slide left cover to the rear of printer. Good luck.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".