Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Printer showing error 79and having continuous paper jams even though I have cleared every time.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Elizabeth8888,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I'd like to help!

I understand you are receiving error 79.

Solution: 79 Error Turn off then on

Turn the printer power off, wait at least 30 seconds, and then turn the power on and wait for it to initialize.

If you are using a surge protector, remove it and plug the printer directly into the wall socket. Turn the printer power on.

If the message persists, disconnect any network or USB cables and power cycle. If the printer returns to Ready, check the firmware version and update if a newer version is available.

For instructions on updating the firmware, go to HP LaserJet Pro - Update the printer firmware.

NOTE:

The firmware version can be found by printing a Configuration Report from the control panel of your printer. Visit the HP Customer Support Drivers page to find the latest firmware version available.

If the error is intermittent, attempt to isolate the issue to something specific in your environment.

Delete all print jobs from all computers connected to the printer and send a simple test print job.

If the message persists,

• I've sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespag

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.