Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-08-2022 08:07 AM
My printer is an HP Envy 6230.
My paper got stuck in my printer and I pulled it out.
I thought everything got out but it keeps on saying ‘paper jam’.
I turned the printer upside down to check everything and there is no paper left. I also checked the inside (as far as I can get) to see if I can see anything…but nothing.
The printer does make a weird sound once it try to print something. Maybe it's the ink carriage that is locked?
Can someone please help me.
08-11-2022 09:07 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Reset the product
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.
Also, try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community