Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Office jet pro 8025e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had 2 new HP8025E printers (replaced this first one). I need to print a solo check. One left over after I printed the first two on a page of 3. Neither one would print it. It jams and says load a load bigger paper. I must cut a piece of paper and tape it to the check so that and print. I have spent 5+ hours on HP help line and two hours with QuickBooks help line. QuickBooks help did all they could, everything else printed. Everything else prints normally. QuickBooks said no problem with them. Friday I was contacted by Anai (no last name) case manager consumer escalation team #5074845145. She told me that they had done everything that could be done. I said so you are telling the world’s most popular accounting software doesn’t work with this product. In a very nice way, she told me NO with this claim. I have the HP8600 (older) which I have literally printed 3,000+ of these checks. I am still able to print one solo check on it. If you have QuickBooks or Quicken think about it. I am posting this on HP and QuickBooks forum, so people are aware. If anything, I have said is wrong HP can contact me! If anyone has this same problem, please contact me, I have had HP help resize the checks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The listed specs for the two printers show they will both rated to support a minimum length of 5 inches and this is often a set limitation of how far apart various paper path components are. What is the height of a solo check. If a full page is 11 inches, then each check by itself would be shorter than the rated minimum page size.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

thanks for the reply. the checks are standard size 3 to a page. my old printer HP 8600 prints them. I have printed thousands
thousands that way. the new printer will not handle a single check that is 1/3 of a normal piece of paper. I spent at least 5 hours with HP help. Now my Quicken will not print the numerical amount for any checks. i am boxing it up today and sending it back. Since HP said that they could not help me i will buy another companies printer. it is a shame that HP cannot help me with  the new printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.