Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have pretty much the same issue. I have a 6950 that I use regularly, but rarely. Maybe I print a few sheets per week. All of a sudden I keep getting "paper jam" notices when there is no jam. I keep getting error messages that go around in circles: "turn off the printer using the power button", but it won't turn off. So I unplug and re-plug, and the first message I get is that I wasn't supposed to unplug, I was supposed to turn off with the power button....  Then its giving me error 0x61000048, and when I google that, it says to do what I've been doing - power off, power on, clear jammed paper (except there is none). The only weird thing is that when I try to send a document to print, I sometimes get the sound of gears stripping. Not a good sound, but I have no idea why. I'm about to dump the printer and switch to another brand. Any suggestions? I can't keep going to Fedex to do my one or two sheets of paper printing jobs. Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@forteguy

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

Please follow the instructions in Step 3 from this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05079673 to clean the paper feed rollers

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did all those things, nothing worked, until all of a sudden it did. I kept getting false paper jams. The error messages went around in circles - it told me to unplug the printer with the power on, then when I plugged it in it gave me an error message telling me next time I should power off before unplugging. It makes no sense. There should be instructions on how to dismantle the roller system to clean it. Not sure what I did, but its working again, for now.

HP Recommended

I'm glad you got this sorted out

Drop us a message anytime you need help

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I got the same problem on officejet 7612 checked every where there is no papers any where last night I resetted the printer and now it shows only 3 icons on screen Product Tour, APPS and ePrint and the return arrow is highlighted. If I press that the screen change to

Setup

To set up the printer and connect to the network touch Continue. If i touch continue it goes back to intiatilize again

Te view the features available on the printer, touch View demo and then it returns to the three icons

Please help to get it back to the home screen

HP Recommended

@KoosPretorius

I have sent you a private message. Please check your Inbox

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a C5280 printer, and it keeps asking me to remove the paper jam although there was no paper.

I seems that this happens to many hp printers. Anyone who can help us is very much appreciated.

HP Recommended

@Makee

Please follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00909241 and let me know how it goes

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Tried all that at moment it starts up with a setup screen 

16208468303916157174865239565373.jpg

 if I press the left demo key then it change to this screen

16208467813969184098695454187654.jpg

 and if I press continue then it goes into a Initializing setup and then back to the three icon screen that happens all day long. I tried with a lancable plugged in but still no joy also tried with a USB cable to PC and still nothing tries a Full reset nothibg tried a parties reset nothing and tried the semi reset also nothing keep on coming back to the three icon screen

HP Recommended

@KoosPretorius

If you were unable to perform the Semi Full Reset, try downloading the printer Firmware https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1776648-1643972-16

If the issue persists please contact HP Support in your region for service options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.