Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
macOS 10.15 Catalina

A few years ago I bought a Printer 6960 it had a fault and was replaced with a new printer. The other day the new printer only 1 year old stated cartridge jammed. Went online spoke with tech and finally transferred to another person who said unit no good and we cannot replace as the warranty was only for original machine- never in my life heard that. So here I am just bought new cartridge for a 6960 which is not working and is no longer sold by HP. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You warranty starts from date of original purchase, this is always the case. Anything else would have the possibility of becoming a perpetual warranty situation, as nice as that would be, that is unrealistic in my opinion.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I was told by HP that they would not provide warranty even tho the replacement  machine  was in the warranty period.- suggest I sell the unused ink cartridges -  They said they would give a good deal  on a replacement machine have sent two emails no reply. No customer service 

HP Recommended

You warranty starts from date of original purchase, this is always the case. Anything else would have the possibility of becoming a perpetual warranty situation, as nice as that would be, that is unrealistic in my opinion.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks I note your comments which are reasonable however in saying that I find it very unprofessional and poor customer service when HP has not replied to my emails. 
i have a business to run and was after help - sent another online last night still no response. 
if you want customers and sales you need to keep them happy and communicate - relying on a community blog is not my style of professional management .

thanks -

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.