Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-12-2022 05:27 PM
I've had some paper jams lately, which seem resolved. Now my printer is printing crooked, misaligned. How do I align it? The paper in the tray seems straight. It cuts off one edge.
01-13-2022 08:05 AM - edited 01-13-2022 08:09 AM
Please follow the instructions in the HP document: Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues.
To align the ink cartridges, please double click on the shortcut of your printer on the Windows desktop (HP ENVY Pro 6400 series). This will open the HP Printer Assistant window.
- Open the HP Printer Assistant application.
- In the printer software, click Print & Scan and then click Maintain Your Printer to access the printer toolbox. The printer toolbox appears.
- Click Align Cartridges on the Device Services tab. The printer prints an alignment page.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to align the cartridges. Recycle or discard the cartridge alignment sheet later.
You can also use HP Print and Scan Doctor:
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor application.
- Run the HPPSdr application.
- Click on Start, select your printer and then click on Next.
- In the menu bar at the top of HP Print and Scan Doctor, click on Printer and then on Printer Services....
- Click on Printhead Alignment. The printer prints an alignment page.
Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community