Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-18-2021 07:33 PM
I've never used the printer as i got the error message on the install and then left it alone until now. It has sat so long that it is now out of warranty. I've done all the steps I saw on solving a jam including a hard reset. Any ideas?
04-22-2021 09:49 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting false paper jam error, follow these steps to fix the issue.
Perform a power reset
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
- Turn on the printer.
Update the printer firmware
Here are the steps:- Click here
Refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community