Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-31-2022 03:19 PM - edited 10-31-2022 03:50 PM
Printer says there is a paper jam in Tray 1. there is not. I have reset the printer, cleaned feeders. I can occasionally get it to print 1 page after touching all the rollers and then it goes back to paper jam in tray 1 error.
Some additional info -- if i put paper in tray 1 (which i have never done before today) it will print. however, I do not want to put single feed paper in, I want to print from Tray 2.
11-09-2022 08:35 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an issue with your HP Color LaserJet Pro M255dw. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in these document: HP Color LaserJet Pro M255 Printers - 'Load Paper' Displays, Printer Does Not Pick Paper & HP Color LaserJet Pro M255 Printers - Paper Jam Error
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
11-16-2022 06:13 AM
Thank you for your response, I really appreciate your efforts. As the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action.
Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community