Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-14-2022 12:50 PM - last edited on 08-15-2022 12:02 PM by JessikaV
i am facing strange issue while printing. fonts are half cramped or missing. any help is much appreciated.
08-24-2022 09:41 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting print quality issues, I am glad to assist you.
Did you make a copy and check if that prints fine?
Print a Print Quality Diagnostic page
- Load paper into the input tray.
- Open or search for the HP folder in your list of installed software programs, click the folder for your printer, and then click the name of your printer.
- The HP Printer Assistant software opens.
- On the HP Printer Assistant window, click Maintain Your Printer.
- Click the Device Services tab, and then click Print Quality Diagnostics Page ().
If that does not print fine, follow these steps:-
Manually clean the area around the ink nozzles
- Gather the following materials:
- Dry foam-rubber swabs, lint-free cloth, or any soft material that does not come apart or leave fibers (coffee filters work well)
- Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might contain contaminants that can damage the ink cartridges)
- CAUTION: Do not use platen cleaners or alcohol to clean the ink cartridge contacts. These can damage the ink cartridge or the printer.
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Open the exterior door, and then grasp the handle and lower the ink cartridge access door to open it.
- The carriage moves to the center of the printer.
- Figure : Open the ink cartridge access door
- Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you continue.
- Lightly press down on one of the ink cartridges to release it, and then pull the ink cartridge toward you out of its slot.
- Figure : Press down to remove the ink cartridge
- CAUTION: Do not remove both ink cartridges at the same time. Remove and clean each ink cartridge one at a time. Do not leave an ink cartridge outside the printer for more than 30 minutes.
- Hold the ink cartridge by its sides.
- Figure : Hold the ink cartridge by its sides
- Inspect the ink cartridge contacts for ink and debris buildup.
- CAUTION: Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. Touching these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
- Figure : Do not touch the contacts or nozzles
- Lightly moisten a foam-rubber swab or lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then squeeze any excess water from it.
- Clean the face and edges around the ink nozzle with the swab.
- CAUTION: Do not clean the ink nozzle plate.
- Nozzle plate - Do not clean
- Area surrounding ink nozzle - Do clean
- Ink cartridge contacts - Do not clean
- Either let the ink cartridge sit for 10 minutes to allow the cleaned area to dry, or use a new swab to dry it.
- Slide each ink cartridge at a slight upward angle into the empty slot, and then gently push up on each ink cartridge until it locks into place.
- Figure : Push the ink cartridge into its slot
- Repeat these steps to clean around the nozzles on the other ink cartridge.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it does not turn on automatically.
Refer to this HP document for further assistance:- Click here
Keep me posted.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community