Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Printer

my printer suddenly stopped working a week ago. It keeps saying paper jam. There is no paper in there.

tips?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @reikimarie,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you are facing a "paper jam" error message when there's no paper jam can be quite frustrating. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue with your HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer:

• Check for any small pieces of paper: Even a tiny scrap of paper or debris can trigger a false paper jam error. Use a flashlight to thoroughly inspect the paper path, including the input and output trays, the cartridge area, and the rear access door if your printer has one.
  • Reset the printer: Sometimes, a simple power cycle can fix various issues. Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, and wait for about 1-2 minutes. Then, plug it back in and turn it on.
  • Update printer firmware and software: Ensure that your printer's firmware is up to date. You can check for firmware updates through the printer's control panel or HP's official website. Also, make sure you have the latest printer drivers installed on your computer. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Clean the rollers: Dust and debris on the printer rollers can also cause paper jam errors. Use a lint-free cloth lightly dampened with water to clean the rollers. Be gentle to avoid damaging them.
  • Adjust paper settings: Ensure that the paper settings in both your printer and printing software match the paper size and type you're using. Mismatched settings can sometimes lead to false paper jam errors.
  • Inspect sensors and switches: There may be sensors or switches in the paper path that detect paper jams. Inspect them for any obstructions or damage. Gently clean them with compressed air if necessary.
  • Try a different paper tray: If your printer has multiple paper trays, try printing from a different tray to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is specific to one tray.

Refer to this document:  HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Printer User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.