Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6970
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have just installed this printer, brand new. It's fine except that it tries to print everything as a booklet. I've tried re-installing and downloading driver updates. I've tried the HP "Doctor".

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Chisteve,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Are you using any application to print?

Did you try printing from a different application?

Appreciate all your time and efforts.

Update the firmware for the printer using this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6970-all-in-one-printer-series/8289585/documen... 

Restart the printer and try to print.

If the issue persists, I recommend you delete the driver at the root level and Install the drivers, follow the steps below:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Then, Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-officejet-pro-6970-all-in-one-printer-... to download and install the HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 All-in-One series Full Feature Software and Drivers

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi Raj1788

I have updated the firmware but that does not fix the problem.

Here's what happens:

I have a Word document to print.

When I open the Word print dialog it always comes up with "Print on both sides - flip pages on long edge".

If I look at Printer Properties it has defaulted to the General Everyday Printing Shortcut which came with the installation, and has a padlock icon so it cannot be removed. The settings for this are Print on both sides=Yes, flip over and the Layout is Booklet Layout: Left Binding, 2 pages per sheet.

I can change these settings to single side, 1 page per sheet  by pressing Reset.

The next time I come to print a Word document, the Shortcut has gone back to the booklet setting.

I have created my own booklet setting, but I have discovered that Flip Over produces alternate pages printed upside down so the setting needs to be flip up. Although I save this Shortcut with the setting as flip up,everytime I come to use it, it has defaulted to flip over!

Exactly the same happens if I try to print a PDF document.

There is something very odd going on here.

Any thoughts?

HP Recommended

@Chisteve,

Try creating a new booklet setting and check if it works fine.

If the issue persists, uninstall the application and reinstall the application.

Keep me posted.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I've done both. Problem persists.

HP Recommended

@Chisteve

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The private message contains no information. Please send again.

HP Recommended

@Chisteve

Thanks for writing back to us.

I am sending the private message again.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.