Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't switch on the Bluetooth and I can't also find it in the device manager. Also, there's no bluetooth settings in the notification.

Product Number: G0U27AV.

Please help me on this.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@karnabharata
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • When was the last time it worked fine?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)

BIOS default: 

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer. If the issue persists, follow next steps.

On your computer, make sure your wireless communication settings allow for a Bluetooth connection.

1. In Windows, search for and open Airplane mode.

2. Make sure Airplane mode is turned off, and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are turned on.

NOTE: Airplane mode automatically turns off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. If you need to use Bluetooth while in Airplane mode, you can manually toggle it back on.

Making sure Airplan mode is off, and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on

3. Try to pair.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_lake,

Thank you for the steps. I have tried restart and update bios steps still the same problem (Couldn't find bluetooth in Drivers or settings).

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
    • This issue exists for quite sometime.
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
    • No hardware changes as far as i remember but I did installed few apps and updated few settings here and there.
  • Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
    • I might have made changes unfortunately i don't remember the changes.
  • When was the last time it worked fine?
    • This issue has been lingering since few years. I haven't used this laptop extensively now things changed.

Thanks,

Karna

HP Recommended

@karnabharata

Thank you for posting back.

Let's try this: 

1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on Devices.
  3. Click on Bluetooth & other devices.
  4. Select the peripheral.
  5. Click the Remove device button.
  6. Click the Yes button to confirm.

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_Lake,

What is the device that needs to be removed? Below is the screenshot of my settings. 

karnabharata_0-1593285140798.png

when I click on Add bluetooth & Other devices and select bluetooth, "Couldn't connect" message is coming up.

Device Manager doesn't have bluetooth driver.

Thanks,

Suresh Panta

HP Recommended

@karnabharata

Thank you for posting back. 

Uninstall the Bluetooth drivers from device manager and restart the computer and check if it works again.

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand Network adapters>then select the network drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
  • Check the box that says delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset and wireless network drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2syreDe and follow the on-screen instructions through a hardwired Ethernet cable connection.
  • Please select the country and type the product# of the computer. Then follow the on-screen instructions to update the network drivers.

Now check for issue resolution.

Please click “

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.