Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 6455e

Brand new HP Envy 6455e makes constant low volume beep or constant whistle noise while idle. I have done the following steps from another thread of similar problem but still it happens. Please give me another solution, not the ones form below. BTW simply powering off/restarting dont help.

"The beeping noise is not normal in ideal situations. To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this: 

• Did this issue start after any hardware changes (paper jam, ink cartridge replacement, etc.)?
  • Do you see any blinking lights on the printer?
  • Is the printer able to print and make a photocopy?
  • Is there paper in the paper tray?
  • Are you using original HP ink cartridges or refilled ink?

While you respond to that. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

You may update the firmware on the printer by following the link and selecting your current OS. "

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If product is brand new, return to place of purchase for exchange or refund.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thats not a solution. I'm looking for HP's response.

HP Recommended

If the device is defective that is the most sensible solution. Keep in mind that this is a user to user support forum, not constantly monitored by HP technical staff and that if you have a warranty issue, which appears to be the case, you should be creating a case at support.hp.com so that you can obtain direct support.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.