Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

H/P Envy Photo 7858 printer is offline and I have been unable to resolve after attempting any of the online fixes.  I decided to remove and replace the printer using H/P Smart and now I'm getting an error message saying the driver is not available.  What should I do next?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @NEMO45,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing a couple of issues with your HP Envy Photo 7858 printer. Let's tackle them one by one:

Printer Offline Issue:

• First, check the physical connections of your printer, ensuring that all cables are securely connected and there are no issues with power supply.
  • Try restarting both your printer and your computer. Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve connectivity issues.
  • If your printer is connected wirelessly, ensure that it is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer. You may need to reconfigure the Wi-Fi settings on your printer.
  • Check if there are any pending print jobs in the printer queue on your computer. Clearing the queue might help in some cases.
  • If none of the above steps work, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers on your computer. This leads us to the second issue you mentioned.

Driver Not Available Issue:

• Since you're getting an error message stating that the driver is not available after attempting to reinstall the printer using HP Smart, it's possible that there was an issue during the installation process.
  • Try downloading the latest driver for your HP Envy Photo 7858 printer directly from the HP website. Make sure to download the correct driver for your operating system.
  • Once downloaded, install the driver following the on-screen instructions carefully.
  • After reinstalling the driver, attempt to add the printer again using HP Smart or through your computer's printer settings.

Paper Size Issue:

• If you're unable to change the paper size for copying, it could be due to settings either on the printer itself or in the printer driver settings on your computer.
  • Check the printer's user manual for instructions on how to change the paper size settings directly on the printer.
  • If you're trying to change the paper size from your computer, ensure that the correct paper size is selected in the printer driver settings before initiating the copy job.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.